Each one of us will have at least once instance in our life that left us feeling completely shocked and helpless. It could be anything and the consequences it may have could be severe and long-lasting. But, however unfair and unfortunate they may be, most experiences have some valuable life lessons hidden in them. Here is how you can use these experiences to broaden your horizons:
1. Feed the Hunger: When you're encountered with an experience that lends a blow to your life, you're generally looking for answers to the many questions that puzzle you every single day. While seeking out information is fine, make sure you're rationalizing it as well without being unrealistic about the potential should and the would-haves.
2. Learn and Grow: The most defining experiences are always the ones that shake us to our core and teach us lessons we will never forget. It could be lessons in kindness, generosity, nurturing tact, controlling emotions, being strong and so on. Be open to accept them and make them a part of your life.
3. Herald Change: Use this learning from the unfortunate incident or incidents of your life to spearhead change. For example, if you're battling a cause close to your heart, get your friends together, motivate people and form a citizens group for change. In short, become the change you want to see.
4. Value your Present: Live, love, give and share now... live a meaningful life; one that leaves you with a feeling of satisfaction and brings a smile to your face at the end of the day.
5. Enthuse yourself: Don't lose hope owing to one disheartening experience. Get yourself back on track by doing other things that you enjoy or like to try out but haven't got around to doing yet. It may be painting, dance, pottery; anything that allows you to express yourself differently.
In the end, what matters most is how you have dealt with the various situations that life has put you in. You may learn from them and not let them get the better of you, or you can let them pull you down and let them overtake your life. The choice is obvious and if you're willing to take just a little effort, you'll see yourself through.
"Spiritual life doesn't make you a good person; you ARE a good person, you are a holy being when you are born. What spiritual life does is remind us that this is who we really are." --Jack Kornfield
Here are five holy secrets that will help you live a powerful spiritual life, enabling you to unlock your personal power.
Accept Your Sins: Whether you confess your sins to someone else or not, accepting them yourself will make you feel unburdened and relaxed. It will make your conscience clearer and lighter.
Do not make a mental list of people’s mistakes: By not forgiving people, you clutter your being with their mistakes and their negative power. Release this negativity by forgetting all the wrongs done to you and fill yourself with positive energy.
Spread love without expecting anything in return: When we constantly expect something in return for our kindness, we are in a way asking for repayment. Your happiness should lie in just spreading love without expecting anything in return. This will only boost your spiritual growth.
Be thankful for what you have: Even in prayer or mediation, we usually end up thinking about what more we desire in our lives, whether emotionally or materialistically. In our greed for progress, we forget to thank God for what we already have. This selfishness we put out into the universe eventually comes back to us. Do not forget to thank God for what you already have. This positivity will get you what you need without asking for it.
Share your fortunes with others: If life has been kind to you, share this kindness with others. We must spread the benefits of the power we have, be it knowledge, money, mercy or more. As we do that, the universe rains on us even more benefits, making us a powerful medium to reach others.
How does one acquire mind power enough to do anything one wants and achieve anything that the heart desires? How can you use your mind like an ever-ready tool and accomplish in hours what the man without this ability does only in weeks or months?
Why some men lead, while others with equal intelligence just follow? This is a secret that has plagued many endlessly. Here are a few tips to help you tap into the awesome power of your own mind that will fuel you to conquer just about anything and anyone.
1. Develop the skill of concentration It is the most valuable exercise - to be able to learn how to concentrate. To make the greatest success of anything, you must be able to center your entire thought upon the idea you are working on. Nothing else, simply nothing else should enter your thoughts when you are concentrating on your goal. People, who are capable of concentrating, utilize all the constructive thoughts and shut out all the destructive ones, as and when they desire. On the other hand, people who lack concentration achieve nothing. Meditation and the will to concentrate are the only methods that can teach you concentration by trial and error.
2. Affirm to yourself Affirmations are the force of creation. Affirmations are one of the simplest and the most powerful things we can do to tap into our mind power, thus changing the quality of our lives. Affirmations help us create the things we want. And this is what you need to do. Affirm what you know to be true in your heart to create it as reality. Affirm that you are free, and strong, and attractive, and prosperous, and loving – and you will find, very soon, that your outer world will begin to change as a reflection of your changing inner consciousness. Affirm and you shall have.
3. Stop relying so much on chance or luck Have faith in yourself enough to create your own fate. Do not depend on fate and destiny to guide you to happiness and success at all times. Instead, make destiny and fate follow on the path you create for it. The minute you stop expecting things to happen on its own and make it happen, you have started on the path of acquiring mind power.
4. Get rid of all your doubts before you begin Never continue on a path or chase a goal with doubts in your head. With doubts embedded in you, your efforts will always be half hearted and to expect mind to be powerful in such a stage is to expect a miracle to occur.
5. When you think, act. Do not wait for a second chance to come by… Issue assignments to your thoughts and your actions and then only expect results. Don’t work on it thinking of it as a step but in fact treat it as the ultimate jump. Think of it as your one and only chance to prove yourself. The minute you make your mind believe it is a do or die situation, it will pump in all the power it has and bring out its best
A number of times you may not remember what you dream. Teaching yourself to remember dreams can bring upon a number of benefits like solving personal problems, making decisions, gaining inspiration and boosting your creativity. All you need to do is follow these simple steps consistently for a month although there is likelihood that some of you may meet these benefits comparatively earlier than other people.
Start by keeping a notebook and pen next to your bed. Set your alarm to go off about fifteen minutes early in the morning. After the alarm goes off, sit up and try to remember the last thing you dreamt before waking. Don't write anything down yet and don't force your mind to focus. Just relax and allow the images to come back to you. Give yourself a full five minutes of silence for this to happen. Then write down anything that comes to your mind.
Don't turn on the TV or radio right away. If possible, avoid conversation. As you prepare for the day, allow your mind to shift through whatever thoughts come to you. Just before you're ready to go, spend that last extra five minutes jotting down any new recollections or ideas you may have had.
If possible, avoid listening to the radio on your way to work or school. Let your mind continue to process the work it did during the night. A small voice recorder can be a wonderful aid, allowing you to record your thoughts while keeping your eyes on the road.
Slowly and gradually you will find yourself developing the ability to recall your dreams much easier than it was. Once you notice the change within you, ask your subconscious mind to work on the answers while you sleep. Just focus strongly on the question you need a response to for five minutes before falling asleep. Don't expect the answer to be straight away obvious.
Dreams can provide you all kinds of inspiration and enhance your creativity.
As you learn to recall your dreams, you'll find a wealth of ideas. What comes to you will depend on your interests and talents. It could be a melody, a new way of doing things at the office or a decorating idea. With practice, you can glean new ideas from your dreams nearly every night.
So...tonight, before you go off to bed, come to realize that you're about to embark on a great adventure.