1 cup: Uncooked rice
1 nos onion: chopped
1 nos capsicum: sliced
2 tsps: butter
½ cup: Cabbage shredded
½ tsp: Pepper
Salt to taste
Grated cheese 2 tbsp
Cook rice and set it aside to cool. Heat butter in a wok and fry onion for 2 to 3 minutes till it turns golden pink. Add cabbage and capsicum and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Add rice, pepper and salt. Serve hot.
This is a serving for six and takes approx. 30 minutes to prepare. At the end of your cooking session this delicacy will just melt in your mouth. The major effort goes in slicing the ingredients. Bon Appetite!
White onions: 2, sliced
Cloves garlic: 3, crushed
Turmeric powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Capsicum: 1, sliced
Tomato: 1, chopped
Mixed boiled vegetables: I cup (French beans, carrots, green peas)
Chilli powder: 1 teaspoon
Oil: 6 tablespoons
Uncooked rice: 1 ½ cups
Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak the rice for 30 minutes, then drain.
2. Sautee rice in oil until it turns a light pink shade.
3. Add 3 cups of water, salt to taste and cook.
4. Heat the oil in a wide vessel and fry the onions till golden brown.
5. Add the garlic, fry for a few seconds.
6. Add the turmeric powder, fry for a few seconds.
7. Remove onions.
8. Fry the capsicum for a minute in the same oil.
9. Toss in the chopped tomato, vegetables, chili powder, salt, and cook for one minute.
10. Add the fried onions and the cooked rice and mix well. Voila, its piping hot and ready to serve