When you are called for an interview, you often have enough to be nervous of, without having to worry about your appearance too. Here are some tips to take the uncertainty out of dressing for an interview.
• Your first priority should be a neat and clean appearance. Your clothes should be washed, ironed and free from tears, stains, and missing buttons. Make sure they fit comfortably too.
• Always err on the side of formality. That you are being interviewed by a dot-com known for its casual dressing is not reason enough for you to wear your favourite t-shirt and denims!
• For men, a plain, or very mildly patterned shirt with a buttoned-down collar, and dark trousers is a safe bet. Wear dark socks to match the colour of your trousers. Your polished shoes should be the same colour as your belt.
• For women, non-fussy Indian attire always creates a good impression.
• Remove all extra jewellery, and go easy on your fragrance.